About Red Bridge
Red Bridge is located in Liverpool Township, along Red Bridge Road, just a mile west of US Routes 11/15 near Liverpool. The bridge, which was built in 1886 crosses Barger’s Run. Red Bridge measures 55 feet in length by 15 and a half feet wide. It is the only King-Post/Queen-Post-style covered bridge remaining in Perry County and the only covered bridge east of the Juniata River in Perry County.
The bridge was given to the Historical Society in 1961 when the Commonwealth built a new two lane bridge adjacent to it, to accommodate increased traffic and heavier loads. The abandoned roadway was turned over to Liverpool Township, allowing access to the bridge. The bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Coordinates for Red Bridge are 40.568054, -77.015041